Wednesday, February 17, 2010

admirable friends


My exchange program is coming to the end.

I came here, Singapore, on 24th July 2009;
to give myself one year to think about my future,
to meet my friends,
to study English
and
to see the world.

I traveled a lot during the stay in Singapore:Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Laos and Cambodia. Of course, I traveled inside of Singapore as well.

But still, I would not say that I saw the world.
I saw a part of the world; I traveled a lot and I met a lot of people. I saw many things I had not seen.

For example,
I met a boy in cambodia. He knew how to ply his pole on a boat.
I met a lady in Laos. She treated my friends and me really nicely though she barely understood our language.
The girl I traveled with in Malaysia, she negotiated successfully by changing her tone and volume of speech.
The two friends I love, they are full of wit and always make me laugh.
The guy and the girl I know for almost 8 months, they are really good at communication: the guy's good at starting and keeping conversation, while the girl is good at opening others' mind and making them feel confortable.

It's endless, so let me stop here for now.

Although I have not found what to do in my future yet,
it was worth coming here to meet them, I think.

And, since I have only 3 more month in Singapore,
I'd like to cherish the time with them and learn from them as much as possible.

1 comment:

  1. hi maho.. just dropping by to say.. i thank God you came to Singapore :) really. if not i wouldnt have a good friends like u. :)learn as much as u can dear!! i love your attitude! - grace

    ReplyDelete